One Little Monkey

Friday, December 16, 2005

Updates

One: The footwear my brother sent me was some Uggs. It was part of his Christmas present from his company. He kept the iPod and regifted the boots to me, saying they weren't quite his style. I don't know if they're my style either, as they don't match my closet. I've never really understood Uggs, but I put them on the other day and they kept my tootsies so warm! It'll really cut down on the electricity. And for those of you (like me) who have never gotten why you've seen people wearing them in the summer, I guess they originated as surfer-wear and, according to the booklet that came with the boots, they are meant to keep your feet at body temperature in the cold and the hot (although, does anyone really need to keep their feet at body temperature in the hot? Do feet get hotter than body temperature, like they get colder in the cold? And I like to wear no shoes in the summer. But whatever.). I've never really gone for fads or trends (the 80s don't count, although it was really only me and my best friend who pegged our pants. Stop laughing) and, at times, rebel just because everyone's doing it (which includes a certain wizard whose name rhymes with hairy.). I do appreciate them, it's a cool present. And it's kind of fun having something "high fashion". Until now, the fanciest thing I've owned was a clearance shirt from Banana Republic. And a pair of Levis. As an added bonus, the box they came in works perfectly for something I've been trying to ship for a week but couldn't find a box for.

Two: I received a mystery call today. The number came up as Unknown but there and there was no message. Perhaps it is the man who keeps calling? Except usually a number pops up. But that's exciting if he finally learned to listen.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home