One Little Monkey

Thursday, December 15, 2005

See November 9th

We had our holiday brunch(eon?) yesterday at Job #1. It started at 11 and went until 1, but, because I normally work only until noon, I decided to wait until then. Also, entertainment was provided by the local elementary school choir and I was hoping to miss them. Additional "entertainment" was a carol lead by the Job #1 community (aka a sing-a-long for adults).

The school-wide lunches are usually hamburgers and paper plates with folding tables and include students. Yesterday was fancy with chicken and real plates and actual tables and students weren't invited (ha ha! Who's better than who now?). Around noon, I stopped by my boss' office, where he was eating lunch, knowing nothing about this event (the secretary went around telling everyone else who already knew, I don't know why she missed someone who didn't). So he came to lunch with me. Pickins' were slim since we were late (they put more food out as soon as we sat down), but we found stuff and I had pie. We chatted for a minute and then...out came the kids. Apparently coming an hour late was not late enough for I had to endure, er, enjoy, the children singing. They started singing and my boss and I both started giggling (not at them, mind you, but at the situation. I had earlier mentioned that I was not planning on staying for the festivities, which included the singing children and my boss agreed that he did not enjoy singing children, either). I guess we came JUST for the singing children.

(The second graders were okay, they were at least cute when they sang and danced to a boogying santa. The fourth graders were totally uninterested and were all about speeding up the song rather than keeping the tempo with the music and the music teacher couldn't control them.)

2 Comments:

  • We had a holiday breakfast today. Pastries loaded with frosting, doughnuts, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs...

    Nothing remotely healthy! I mean, I'm no health nut, but where's the fruit?

    By Blogger srah, at 2:24 PM  

  • Mom says, "I've been on a healthy diet for 2 whole days!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home