One Little Monkey

Friday, December 09, 2005

In All Seriousness...

I love my winter hat (but no, not enough to marry it). It's wool and it's warm and it covers my ears. And it has ears. I don't mean ear flaps. Nor do I mean pictures of ears knitted on it. I mean it has two pieces of extra fabric on the top meant to look like bear ears.

I'm sure it attracts some glances but it's so warm. I wear it confidently and pretend like nothing's strange.

I am not all about being serious. What's the point? I am completely grown-up when I need to be. In a professional setting or when something important is going on, I am easily an adult. But when it's just me? Or me and friends? There's no need to carry a somber looking face or to not laugh. I once read that laughing from the belly for 15 minutes a day burns, like, a bajillion calories. Not that I care about that. But isn't that another good reason to not be serious? I have a friend who makes fun of me because I have told him he needs to just get into a snowball fight. Just because you're 30 - or 50 or 90 (well, maybe not 90) - doesn't mean you can't go sledding with the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home