One Little Monkey

Monday, December 05, 2005

My Friend the DJ

This past Saturday, me and two other girls went dancing in Cleveland. At one point we were dancing all happily to some song or other when the song changed. And I watched everyone stop dancing. I think it was Lenny Kravitz. Can't really dance to him. We were in the corner by the DJ booth, so I had a view of the floor and really, everyone was just standing there. I looked over at the DJ to see if he was going to do anything about the lack of dancing at the dance club. But the song kept playing. He then caught my eye and asked me to come over and then asked what song would make us start dancing again. Unfortunately, all I could think of was Nelly (cause I love me some Nelly), which he'd just played. So I passed it on the my friend who picked some equally undancable song but she liked it.

It made me feel special (like Marcia Brady). I like to think I have an in with that DJ. Next time, though, I'll have to be prepared. I'm thinkin' some Luda.

(After dancing, it took us an hour and a half to get home because of the snowstorm that happened while we were in the club. But we made it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home