One Little Monkey

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Happy Post Thanksgiving Post!

Ah, it was nice having four whole days in a row off from work instead of one in a row. But, alas, I'm back at work yesterday.

So what did I do over break? I ate and ate and ate. I went out to eat twice and to turkey dinners twice. I saw a Michigan hockey game, who played just like the Michigan football team, which is to say they sucked it up and lost.

I also saw Rent. I enjoyed it but, like reading a book before seeing a movie, I was disappointed by the changes from the Broadway musical. I couldn't get used to lines that were spoken instead of sung like in the original and at times was all ready for a Dr. Suess-esque line to pop out. Fortunately, they would change words normally sung when spoken so they didn't rhyme too much, or the rhythm would be different than if sung. I also didn't really like the end. It was just kind of abrupt because a lot of stuff was taken out. But, I did smile at all the parts I smiled at when I saw the play and all in all enjoyed the film version. I think, if you haven't seen the play, the movie would be even better for you.

(I'm not much of a movie reviewer; I don't know anything about it. All I can ever really say is "good" or "awful". This one was good.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home