One Little Monkey

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

This Guys This, This Guy That

I decided last week that my job has made me insane.

I discovered that lately, I've been giving genders to things. I don't mean boats or cars, I'm not walking around saying "Look at my Neon, she's a beaut." Rather, I am walking around saying "This guy looks comfortable" or "I'm going to eat this guy" when referring to a couch and a cheese, not necessarily in that order. Or I'll just go ahead and say "He's not as nice as he looks" which WOULD make sense, if it were something that might actually have a personality, e.g. the old crotchety man or the scary looking turtle.

So maybe it's not the long hours at work that have done me in, like I expected, but the solitude and working with ornerous lab-related objects. So I've been making a conscious effort this week not to sound crazy. At least not in this way....

1 Comments:

  • You can be that brand of crazy around me all you want. I've picked it up from you anyway.

    By Blogger srah, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home