One Little Monkey

Monday, December 05, 2005

Boo On My Excellent Circadian Rhythms!

During undergrad, I worked in a lab that studied our daily inner clocks. I was the poster child for that lab; my advisor liked that I went to bed at the same time and was up at the same time everyday. And my nap time always came at 3:30 (peak nap time is 2-4).

Since I have been working, I can't sleep past nine anymore (which I guess is something, since I'm up at 7 during the week). Unfortunately, this is true even when I don't get to bed until, say, after 4 like I did both Friday and Saturday nights. Sometimes I'm up because the cat likes to throw himself against my bedroom door but this weekend, he was surprisingly quiet (I'm not quite sure why. I thinking pulling ornaments off my Christmas tree was keeping him occupied). But there I was, up at 9:15 anyway. Sigh. I guess it did give me a chance to get my oil changed and to go to work. Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home