One Little Monkey

Friday, December 09, 2005

Happy Pie Day!!!!

Six years ago, my roommates and I created a little thing we call Pie Day. It was completely spontaneous at the time. Everyone was all of a sudden in the mood for pie so they drove to the store to get some - making up new lyrics to Fat Boy Slim and BSB songs to contain the word pie - and came home with three pies. It has since lead to a a yearly event that is somewhat national (because we're now in many parts of the country). In college, we would have pie parties and invite a bunch of people over for a variety of pies.

Pie can be any pie. Pumpkin Pie, apple pie, pizza pie. But don't be fooled by that cheesecake - it only looks like pie but you can clearly see that it contains the word CAKE. Tonight I'm going to my friend's house and we're going to watch movies and eat pie.

We have since learned that there is a National Pie Day on January 23rd (which, not coincidentally, is the date for my pretend wedding, if my betrothed ever responds to my email). While it would be nicer if the dates were a little spread out, we still celebrate our own Pie Day and actually with more vigor and enthusiasm than National Pie Day.

So go get some pie (even a Hostess individual pie) and celebrate with us!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home