One Little Monkey

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Two Pedestrians

Yesterday on my walk to work, I was behind this girl with such horrible posture. And it wasn't that she was hunkered down against the cold (although, she was not wearing a hat, silly girl!), it was that she, apparently, was impersonating someone named Quasi. I really really wanted to go behind her, grab her shoulders and yank them straight. I think this was something my dad used to do and I think I have pretty good posture. Straight, but not so straight it looks as though I am wearing uncomfortable underwear.

On the walk home, I passed a girl on her phone who told the other person's voicemail that she couldn't wait to see them. I thought, how nice! But then I thought, I don't think I've ever told someone I couldn't wait to see them. I've been excited to see people, but I've never actually told someone that I absolutely was going to die or wet my pants because I couldn't contain myself until then. Maybe that makes me a bad friend (or maybe it makes me someone not prone to exaggerations - at least not those kinds. A gajillion billion trillion cookies in my freezer is another thing.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home