One Little Monkey

Sunday, October 09, 2005

It Was Against the Wind

I made my goal yesterday at the race! I was aiming to finishing faster than I had last time, which was 45 minutes. This year I ran about 2.3 miles (it was more than 2 but I don't think it was quite 2.5) of it and beat my time by 10 minutes!

After the race, I toured the sponsor tents and picked up all the free stuff I could. There weren't as many tents or people this year, probably because the weather was yucky. But I braved it and, at 9 AM I was eating ice cream in the freezing, pelting rain. We had our team picture taken and I'm sure it'll be very attractive because everyone was soaked and trying to smile through the pain, er, rain. (Eventually, we sought shelter in the lobby of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.) But, despite the rain flying at us at 200 mph, it was a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home