One Little Monkey

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Day Out of Normal

Well, it was still normal, but it broke my daily routine of working, walking home, driving to work, working, driving home. Yesterday I went to a New Hire Training workshop.

Let me tell YOU, it feels nice to be a grown-up. Even in the time I took off between colleges, I still didn't feel quite as grown-up as now. Yesterday, I learned all about benefits, something I did not get to experience in previous jobs.

I get medical. I get dental. I get vision, even though I can't see ever using it (I don't wear any kind of corrective lenses. Maybe I should go have some sort of eye injury? Or maybe just an irritation). I even get life insurance. And a retirement plan, although that's not as exciting because I don't plan on retiring from here so I won't get full use out of it.

No more fears of falling down some stairs and having to pay for any repairs to myself!

3 Comments:

  • I want vision. I don't know if I get vision. I need to axe somebody.

    By Blogger srah, at 12:26 AM  

  • Then you'll get vision right into the jail cell.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:28 PM  

  • And you'll see the light. Hopefully.

    By Blogger sojoyful, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home