One Little Monkey

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Sing Me a Song

It's funny how life has a soundtrack. A song will come on and it will remind me of an event or person in my life. Right now, Africa, by Toto, is playing. This is what it reminds me of:

My senior year of high school (and I hesitated telling you that because of what follows), we threw a going away party for a couple people. By the end of the night, there were four of us left and we all decided to just spend the night at our friend's house and then go to breakfast the next morning. Two of us stayed up the entire night and, while our other two friends slept, we created a fort (yes, a fort). Along with other things around the basement, we took a big inflatable chair and propped it up next to the pool table. Of course we covered the whole thing with blankets, as any proper fort would have. The rest of the night was spent just chatting in our fort with some 1980s Billboard Hits playing over and over in the background. This included Africa, Living in a Trailor Park and Giving Off Sparks (what's the real name of that song? Turn Around?) and We Come From the Land Down Under.

2 Comments:

  • okay - either my memory is gone, i wasn't there, or i was one of the people sleeping...was that at my house??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • OUR FORT RULED!

    Yes, that was your house, Harini. You make me cry!

    By Blogger srah, at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home