One Little Monkey

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Departmental Activities

Last night we had "What I did on my summer vacation" wine and cheese night in our department. We could make 5 minute "presentations" with 5 slides and show them to everybody while eating and drinking. Most people went to fun and exciting places, or at least worked on fun and exciting theses (thesises). There were three of us who had just a handful of random slides. Here were mine:

Slide one: a picture of me at the zoo "riding" an elephant (standing next to a metal statue with one leg hidden from the camera). I've never riden an elephant or a camel so this is me pretending.

Slide two: molton lava cake. I made this. If you're going to make it, I suggest two carmel squares, because one is just no enough.

Slide three: of mice and monkeys. A collage of clipart to demonstrate my working this summer.

Slide 4: the kayaking trip, including pictures of my war wounds. You've already heard this story.

Slide 5: at Lake Huron, with the Mackinac bridge in the background.

I didn't have any photos of me napping or swimming or biking. And I couldn't get my resume up there quite right. This was actually the first thing I did this past summer was send out lots of resumes.

Not as exotic as France or Surinam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home