One Little Monkey

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Puff the Not Quite Magical Enough Dragon

You know, Puff the Magic Dragon is a sad song. They try to make it all happy and whimsical but, without the cartoon storyline, it's really depressing. Poor Puff is forgotten by mean ol' Jackie Paper.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think this. But I was listening to a live version of the song and they tried to make it better by repeating the chorus with "Puff the magic dragon lives - present tense! - by the sea...". Like that makes it better.

3 Comments:

  • Sometimes we grow up and away from our imaginary friends.

    And sometimes The Man comes and takes our "magic dragon" away so we can't Puff anymore, if you know what I mean. Jackie Paper. I don't know...

    By Blogger srah, at 11:44 PM  

  • I know what the song's about, but poor Puff! I know *you'll* never forget your imaginary friend.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 1:20 PM  

  • Actually I hated that song, no I still do. It always reminded me of onions. Perhaps because one time I had to listen to the song and eat onions. Maybe that's why I don't like onions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home