One Little Monkey

Friday, September 16, 2005

Health Inspections

So, every year at my apartment complex, they perform these "health" inspections. Really, I think last year all they did was pull back the shower curtain and open the hall closet. But they always send out these memos saying they'll be by sometime between 9 and 3 and to lock your pets up. But you can't lock them in the bedroom because they (the inspectors) supposedly need to go in there. They (the apartment complex) gets mad if you request the inspectors come when you are home. So, really what they do, is try their hardest to inconvenience you. This year, they gave us exactly one days notice.

What kind of arrangements are you supposed to make in one day? A friend of mine couldn't crate her dog or arrange for him to "be away" because he was insane and ate through the industrial crate. And really, what is a cat going to do? Last year, they did the inspections in August. I was gone from 7 till noon, so I took him to my office at school, figuring no one would be in before then. But this year, since I no longer have my office and I work all day, I had to "borrow" a small dog crate from a friend (I say "borrow" because she doesn't want it back so now I have to do something with it). As much as I don't like him most of the time, I felt bad putting him in this crate, crammed in with litter box and food and water. My cat's locked up like an animal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home