One Little Monkey

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Overdressed

Last night I went to a party with some friends. (Disclaimer: one of the friends had been invited, the rest of us just went so I actually had no association with the hostesses, although it turned out to be a girl I had had class with a couple times and didn't like.) It was actually an undergraduate's birthday party, so it was the typical, wild party one throws in undergrad. No one was wearing clothes.

That's right. Us in our jeans and t-shirts felt overdressed. People had constructed clothing out of garbage bags, duct tape, caution tape and paint. Paint, as opposed to actual shirts. This was actually done by the girls, guys just drew smiley faces on their chests.

When I was in college (ok, now I'm sounding like my dad with his back in my day stories (aside: when I first heard the story about how many newspapers he delivered when he was a kid, it was 80. The number's now up to 300)), we had plenty of themed parties. In fact, I think all of them. Wine and cheese, cowboy themed, jungle themed, Hawaiian party, cocktail party, etc. This was not a theme party.

Apparently, this is what they do at this school. I'd never heard about it before. We didn't do this at my college. The only time you'd see girls dressed in saran wrap was at The Naked Mile (a long tradition at the University of Michigan that, sadly, the cops shut down for good my junior year), and that was more for support.

4 Comments:

  • Ew, undergrads.

    By Blogger srah, at 3:11 PM  

  • I'm glad you had fun! Sadly, I underestimated the power of the jungle juice.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 3:22 PM  

  • The Saran Wrap was for support? Well, I suppose it's cheaper than buying new bras every time they wear out.

    By Blogger sojoyful, at 1:40 PM  

  • Saran wrap during the naked mile only. I hope.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home