One Little Monkey

Friday, September 23, 2005

The Forearm of Superman

When I worked at The Putt-Putt (see: Putterz), we served ice cream. Not all the time but, during my time there, I developed one slightly more muscular forearm (not noticibly stronger, at least to the naked eye. It wasn't gigantic or anything, I didn't have one massive arm and one weakling arm, although that's an interesting image). It was muscular enough that, when I stopped working year-round and only worked summers, the first summer back, I was all "This ice cream's harder than it used to be!" when really I was just a little softer in the arm.

I do have some guns (again, not body-builder type and I can't do chin-ups, but I can lift heavy boxes), but I can see a similar situation as Putt-Putt beginning again. At my new job, there are days where I sit in one place all day just pulling this little contraption towards me with my right arm. It requires some force on my part.

So, I guess I'll have to start sewing half of a super hero costume (outfit?) because I think, at least one part of my body, will soon be crying out for one.

2 Comments:

  • I want you to have one big beefy arm like Popeye or Trogdor.

    By Blogger srah, at 9:44 PM  

  • Didn't Popeye have TWO beefy arms?

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home