One Little Monkey

Monday, October 03, 2005

Bank Two...Or Even Worse

I hate my bank.

I've hated my bank ever since I opened the account two years ago. But I wanted a bank that is also in my parents' city. So I joined Bank "One".

This weekend I went out to buy presents - two birthday and one bridal shower - and a light bulb. And, as I was paying for my first purchase, I learned that my debit card had expired and that my bank hadn't bothered to send me a new one. So I had to charge it, even though I've stopped using my credit cardand am trying to pay it off (which, by the way, is what I was going to do with my paycheck except they prorated last month and I can't now).

I called customer service to try to reactivate the card and the woman told me I should have received a new card but they would send another (she also told me I could go to any branch and get a temporary ATM card to which I replied "riiiight, but they're all closed"). But my bank is a bunch of liars, so we'll see. In 5-7 business days, I expect my suspicions to be confirmed. When I first opened the account, it took them 5 weeks (and many inquiries and demands made by me) to send the original debit card. They kept telling me it was on its way. (Also, they once opened a credit card for me without my knowledge and "cancelled" it when I asked yet still called me about it, making me think it wasn't actually cancelled. I never received a card for that, either, come to think of it.)

I was late for work this afternoon because I had to actually go to the bank during business hours. I guess the good thing about all this is I can't spend money on silly stuff, like groceries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home