One Little Monkey

Monday, August 15, 2005

Sleeping Arrangements

So I've been lagging in the posting, but I was out of town this weekend. I met my mom, grandparents and some cousins camping on Thursday and then hung out with a couple friends the rest of the weekend because one is going back to school this week and I won't see her until Thanksgiving.

Anyway, camping was great. I went boating and tubing (both of which I haven't gotten to do since my move to Ohio), swimming, and ate s'mores. Love s'mores. In fact, once I threw a tantrum that I showed up and little sisters and cousins had eaten all the marshmellows and there weren't any for me that now people always make sure I have some.

The sleeping arrangements were amusing. Normally, we go camping with a four room tent but because there was only a portion of my immediate family (5/7) and we were going to put my cousins' tent on the same lot, we took a regular tent. I haven't slept in the same tent/room with these people in ever. We lied in rows like manicotti shells (I had manicotti for dinner, sorry): my mom, Lisa, Tom, me and Cat. From the beginning, I knew it would be interesting.

My mom's cot collapsed at the head soon after she lied down on it.
Lisa and Cat had gone to bed earlier than the rest of us. But, as I was getting into my sleeping bag, Lisa sat up like some creepy Whack-A-Mole and stared right at me. "She's asleep, just pop her head back down." My mom instructed. Her eyes were open!
Tommy's on this mattress that keeps making that awful air-mattressy groaning plastic-y noise every time he breaths.
And, finally, on my right side is Catherine, who on every occasion I've shared a space with, has tried to kill me. She comes at my with her arms outstretched and tries to strangle me in the night. I've even had dreams about it as it was happening.

But I survived. Either that or I'm writing to you from beyond. *Makes wailing ghost noise*.

1 Comments:

  • The Whack-a-Mole thing made us LOL. Sounds like it was lots of fun!

    By Blogger srah, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home