One Little Monkey

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Some Stuff

I received this from Srah and, since I'm a new blogger, I thought it would be fun. Plus, I don't have too much else to write about.


What I was doing ten years ago
- I guess Summer of 1995, I was finishing up my last year as a player for the Junior Putter's of America. I was #1 in our league that year!


What I was doing five years ago
- I was finishing up my summer fellowship in my lab, although I was there before and after the fellowship, so it really wasn't a big deal.

What I was doing one year ago
- Watching monkeys


What I was doing yesterday
- Watching monkeys

5 snacks I enjoy
- Goldfish crackers
- Wheat Thins
- cereal
- brownies
- fruit (any, except those masquerading as vegetables, like peppers and tomatoes)

5 songs I know all the words to
The first three I know the words to without the song, even. I used to sing them when I had no radio in my car.
- "Foolish Games", Jewel
- "Help", The Beatles
- "Feed the Birds", Mary Poppins
- "For Once in My Life", Stevie Wonder
- "Vogue", Madonna

5 things I would do with $100 million
I can't use the whole $100 million, but here's a start, although not particularly creative
- Pay off my loans, credit card (how boring)
- Buy my yellow convertible mustang (sunshine yellow, not lemon yellow, black top)
- Travel!
- Buy books (I've been poor lately and can't afford 'em)
- Like Srah, wave money under U. of M's nose but not give them any. I wouldn't give any to Kent, either.

5 locations I would like to run away to
- Africa
- France
- Italy
- Some tropical island somewhere
- Home

5 bad habits I have
- Passive aggressiveness (although, sometimes that's fun and I'm relatively harmless)
- Not always speaking up
- Dropping my excercising
- Not cleaning my house enough (it's really not disgusting or anything)
- Eating cereal for dinner 5 out of 7 nights (it's too hot to cook)

5 things I like doing
- sleeping
- playing nicely with others
- being outdoors (swimming, hiking, biking, camping, walking - ha ha, I fit all that under one)
- reading
- eating

5 things I would never wear
- Pants/shorts with words on the butt
- Bows
- Those skirts from the 80's with the several layers, or skirts or whatever (I'd never wear again)
- Bermuda shorts - I just don't think they'd look good on me
- A Trucker Hat (stolen from Srah, again - I already look like a trucker in hats. I don't know if my ears are too high or my head's too small or what)

5 TV shows I like
- The O.C.
- Scrubs
- Las Vegas
- The Simpsons
-Bernie Mac

5 biggest joys of the moment
- My new tires
- Having to work only 3 hours on Thursday (I've worked enough extra by accident in the last week)
- Having a start date for my new job
- Listening to Funktell (actually, this is kind of bittersweet because they broke up last year)
- Remembering my weekend

5 favorite toys
- My monkeys
- Nintendo
- An innertube
- My Chilean dolls
- A frisbee (I don't know, I played with one last weekend)

3 Comments:

  • I like "playing nicely with others"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 PM  

  • I thought of another thing I wouldn't wear - one of those crocheted poncho things.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:53 AM  

  • I used to think I wouldn't wear Bermuda shorts either - I thought they looked like "middle aged woman" shorts.

    But this spring I bought my very first pair at JC Penney because all of a sudden I didn't think they made me look old. Maybe I'm a middle aged woman?

    By Blogger sojoyful, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home