One Little Monkey

Friday, August 05, 2005

"Please Hang Up and Try Again"

About two years ago, Srah, Robin and I went on a road trip to D.C. and then Jersey and NY. On our travels, we listened to a downloaded copy of Evanescence. I don't know if it was to deter downloading or if it was just poor quality, but several of the songs had weird little things in them. Some cut out, one had the doo doo doo of the operator when she's telling you "if you'd like to make a call..." and another, Going Under, had some whooshing in it. We made road trip soundtracks and put Going Under, the downloading, whooshing copy, on it (along with some 50 Cent, Neil Diamond and clapping songs).

Today I heard that song on the radio and I really don't think I've ever heard the actual, uninterrupted version. It was almost weird. It's kind of like watching the dubbed French version of IT and hearing some evil French laugh come out of John Ritter before seeing the English version.

5 Comments:

  • I'm impressed that you can spell E-v-a-n-e-s-s-e-n-c-e!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 PM  

  • Huh?

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 2:47 PM  

  • I saw IT in French first too! Ils flottent, Georgie...

    I always get confused when I hear the "real" version of those songs, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

  • I've never seen IT all the way through. Too confusing, with all those characters and flashbacks and junk. Maybe in French it would be better.

    I saw Erin Brokovich in French first. Julia Roberts' French voice is so hilarious, I gufffawed in the theatre and accidentally annoyed the other people.

    By Blogger sojoyful, at 9:27 AM  

  • IT really isn't that great a movie. I had a friend in middle school who watched it all the time for Jonathan Brandis. But really the clown is just ridiculous.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home