One Little Monkey

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"But It's So Pretty"

Blinded By the Light of the Broom would be a good title for a story about a witch.

One of the things I do at work is take pictures of bones. We have this super fancy microscope with a camera and it's hooked up to the computer. So I don't have to actually look through the scope, which is nice. But the light used with the scope is ba-line-ding! Most of the time, it's ok, because the bone is resting in some clay. But sometimes I place it directly on the white background of the paper. The light + the reflecting properties of white paper + white bone makes it difficult to find the bone in question, once I've taken the picture. So then I sit there, blinking the spots away while trying to focus the scope. This has resulted in several pictures that are not actually focused as well as they could be. It's tough.

Alfie, what was that story I told that you said reminded you of Srah's butter story? 'Cause this one reminds me of that. I think it needs a moral or something. Uh, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?

3 Comments:

  • Speaking of butter, I like it unsalted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  

  • Hmm... Don't you have the option of using a different color background paper?

    By Blogger sojoyful, at 8:46 PM  

  • Butter: me too.

    Paper: I have to white balance with the paper and then I just leave it there. I guess I could after that.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home