One Little Monkey

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Can You Hear the Accordian?

Since I moved to my place 2 years ago, I've wanted a grill and outdoor furniture because I have a patio. Recently I thought, well, if I move after graduation, I don't want to have to move it too, so I'll wait. But then I found out I'm sticking around so I was going to make a patio table.

I was all excited, because I like being craftsy. I was going to make a tiled top and put it on some sort of pedestal (not for worship or anything, that's weird, but an actual pedestal). Someone had thrown out an old patio table a couple weeks ago. It was jenky but I thought I could paint the pedestal part and throw away the table. AND, on top of having a nice table, I would have something to blog about.

Yesterday, I went shopping then for some chairs to go with my table. I had a coupon to Bed Bath and Beyond so I checked there. No chairs, but instead I saw a bistro table on sale.

What a steal! A fifty dollar table marked down to 15 dollars? Plus, I had that coupon. Well, as much as I wanted to, I can't make a table for $12!

Alas, I bought it. I no longer have a story about the struggles of becoming an artist. Although, it did take come coordination to prop up all four legs of the table while screwing them into the thing they screwed into in the center. And I still need chairs. Maybe there'll be a story in that, somehow.

2 Comments:

  • Can you hear the drums, Fernando?

    Ha ha! You said "screwed" a lot!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

  • Twice consitutes "a lot?"

    Cheryl, your artistic strain bent can go towards creating the ambiance around the table. A painting on the wall, or perhaps some clinging ivy? A tablecloth, romantic candlelight... Embellish your outdoor eating space with pride!

    By Blogger sojoyful, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home