One Little Monkey

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

May I Take Your Order?

Ever since I have had my cell phone number, I have also gotten many calls for a kitchen customizing company (and some kid named Eric, but that stopped pretty quickly). Sometimes I can go several months without any calls, but then there are times (like this week) when I get 6 calls in two days. Apparently, this kitchen place has given out the wrong number to everyone, because people have asked and they are dialing correctly. For a while, I tried to explain that I get a lot of calls for the kitchen place but now I just say "no, this is not the kitchen place" and offer no other assistance. I should tell them that if they ever do reach the kitchen place, tell them I said to print up some new business cards. I've even gotten calls from distributers saying they tried to deliver something but no one was there so they're going to charge extra to bring it back the next day.

This is not like my grandma's situation. My grandma will get calls from people who have misdialed the pizza place. There's even rumors that she's taken orders, although this could be another lie like the last one (see post below). When the people calling me find out they have dialed correctly, they tend not to believe me, insisting I am the kitchen company. I think taking orders would just encourage them.

1 Comments:

  • Mom says,
    Having a number close to the kitchen place number is as bad as having a number close to the doctor's ofc, and having people yell at you, for taking a long time to answer their wrong # call.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home