One Little Monkey

Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Not March!

Occasionally, I like to go "on Lent". This means that times other than during Lent, I like to give up something. Usually, it's candy or shopping. In fact, I've been on Lent from shopping for two years now! Now that I have a job and actually have money after I pay the bills, I may be able to go off Lent soon! I can buy books again! And groceries!

Early in October, I decided I was going to have to go on Lent to get off candy. I had started a Candy Drawer at work, which turned out to be a baaaaaad idea. I picked Halloween as the day I would start, partly because it was The Day of Candy and partly because my teeth became sugar-free.

I very rarely have junk food at home but yesterday, I got rid off all the candy in my house (uh...but not by throwing it away or giving it to someone, unfortunately). So Lent was postponed two days. But I'm back on and, in the past, have done very well. I'm pretty good about going cold turkey.

This time's Lent will end on November 24th, The Day of Eating Everything.

3 Comments:

  • I like to claim Lent in non-March when I don't want to do something. Like "I gave up doing the dishes for Lent."

    By Blogger srah, at 7:35 PM  

  • One Lent a year is enough for me. I mean all that time without meat! Thank God for the Day of Eating Everything! It's by far the best day of the year, well other than when Michigan beats O$U.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • Is that a dollar sign? I've never seen that before.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home