One Little Monkey

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ghosts and Goblins...and Ladies of the Night?

Every year the weekend before Halloween, my city has this thing where everyone dresses up and goes to bars and wanders the downtown (all four blocks of it). Last night as I was coming home from my dinner party, I got to drive through all the festivities and look at all the costumes. And I noticed a lot of the girls wearing costumes involving garters and ruffled underwear. (And I'm not being prudish, I have a costume that I call my Slutty Cowgirl costume because it involves a short skirt and halter, but apparently if it actually covers any part of your body it's too modest. And after being what my friends termed a "whore" last year - I was a cigarette girl from the 20s but had forgotton all my accessories - I went as Smurfette this year.)

One particularly girl standing on a corner was dressed as an "angel" (from the Victoria's Secret Angel collection, maybe?). She was a bigger girl and didn't quite fit into her costume of thigh-highs and garters and wings. So I was musing about her costume selection when I got to witness a very unladylike act of adjusting the bottom half of her obviously too small costume (i.e. removing it from uncomfortable places).

Maybe next time she'll put a little more thought into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home