One Little Monkey

Friday, October 28, 2005

It's On the Wing of the Plane

So on my walk home today from work some kid tried to pick me up. This didn't surprise me because it happens all the time to and from work (and I'm not saying this to brag or in an egotistical way, it's the truth. Unless they're really honking and yelling unintelligible things because there's a gremlin or something attaching itself to my back or pant leg).

Normally, this irritate me. I mean, what? am I supposed to now be attracted to you? Please, let me run right over and hop in your truck. Really, it makes me want to ram their car...with their face.

Enough of the violent tendencies. Occasionally, if they're original or something, I'm amused or flattered. Or if their somewhat appropriate. Like the time I was standing on a street corner under a lit lamppost at a busy intersection waiting for a friend like the good little prostitute I was and I could hear some guys in their car whistling and howling. With their windows up. It was totally called for and I laughed. Or if they sarcastically yell "Go Blue!" when I'm in Ohio and all they care about is some spiny nuts.

Today the kid rolls down his window and asks if I need a ride somewhere, like I'm some sort of vagabond obviously on my way home from school, like I'm walking down the side of the highway or something (although, seriously, I don't think people really know what walking is around here, I've seen kids take the bus one stop just around a corner when they could have been there faster by walking a diagonal across the parking lot - the quickest way from point A to B is a straight line).

I really wanted to say that I'm not supposed to take rides from strangers...maybe if you had a cooler car.

3 Comments:

  • Spiny nuts sounds like an STD!

    Today I met a friend's granddaughter and she wanted me to take her for a walk and I didn't want to go because it was cold so I told her that she just met me and you shouldn't go for walks alone with strangers. Was that bad? It's kinda true!

    By Blogger srah, at 10:09 PM  

  • And if they did have a cooler car, you should ask them if you could drive it!


    Srah - No, it's not bad..I mean I know you and I'm scared to go on a walk alone with you :-P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

  • Tony: You'd better be afraid.

    By Blogger srah, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home