One Little Monkey

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

It's Halloween Time!

This last weekend I went pumpkin picking. They had all kinds of pumpkins: tiny little ones, big round ones that were flat as if someone had sat on them, brains, deep orange and green ones that looked like hats. Mine is a white one with orange and green stripes.

Last night, I carved my pumpkin. Once I finally managed to get the top off (it was very thick!), the first thing I noticed was that, unlike other pumpkins that smell like pumpkin, mine smelled like melon. The second thing was that it had the consistency of melon (kind of squishy).

I spent a long time trying to figure out if maybe I'd picked a melon instead of a pumpkin. But it looked like a pumpkin. And the seeds, though larger than regular pumpkin seeds, were not melon seeds. But it still smelled and squashed like a melon when I poked it. I even asked the devil cat if it was a melon, after he ate it (on his own accord).

So I've decided it's maybe some sort of weirdo melon-pumpkin hybrid. If plants had sexes, this would be a pumplon (I picture the pumpkin a male and the male's name comes first, I think. Like Humanzee.).

For those of you who are curious, I carved it into a ghost, with big ol' eyes and a wiggly mouth.

4 Comments:

  • Are you making Humanzees in your scary monkey lab, scary science lady?????

    Super-great hybrid: THE ZEDONK!

    By Blogger srah, at 12:59 PM  

  • what the hell is a humanzee??? your freaking me out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

  • A zebra donkey?

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 9:38 PM  

  • Yes! It's like a donkey in socks!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeedonk/zonkey

    By Blogger srah, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home