One Little Monkey

Monday, October 17, 2005

Yesterday's Lunch

All I had in my house to eat was pasta. So I went to the grocery store. I decided to treat myself with some muffins but, rather than search out the yummy bakery muffins, I just picked up some that were right there.

I went home. The muffins, though lemon poppyseed, were lowfat and cholesterol free. (I should really learn to read the package before buying things. I live by the philosophy that if I'm going to eat anything but vegetables, they should be fat-full.) Therefore, they were extra chewy and dry. So I got some milk. And I took a big sip. Mmmm, milk. I finished the muffin and went to drink the rest of the milk and discovered...it was curdled (it was an opened, older milk, not the one I just bought)! It really hadn't tasted sour, in fact I had quite enjoyed it's cool refreshness. So my lunch was a big fat disappointment.

(Aside: in college, my roommates once made me drink milk that was way past the sell by date to make sure it was still good. You know how you can't tell anything by the smell. Because the rim always smells sour? Fortunately, it had yet to revolt.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home