One Little Monkey

Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Evening

Last night I went back into the city for a concert. It seems every year a friend of mine gets tickets to something that someone can't make, so I become her date. Two years ago, we saw Wynton Marsalis. Last night we saw the Foo Fighters.

The Kaiser Chiefs opened for them, which was exciting because I didn't know who was opener and I like them. Weezer was also touring with them. With the exception of The Sweater Song, I'm not a huge fan of them, but they were good, too. Both bands were good performers and good live. Then the Foo Fighters got on stage and Dave Grohl was running around like crazy. It was a great show. Great. (I'm a little lacking on the adjectives this morning).

It was fun people watching. There was a group of kids in front of us who were annoying but amusing. They were all Too Cool for School and the one girl kept turning around and glaring at everyone, but no one in particular, behind her. One guy would call up his buddies (I assume) and let them hear the concert, but really he would just sing into the phone for them. If I were his friend, which I wouldn't be, I would punch him in the face, he was so stupid. I also enjoyed watching security at the floor "seats" actually catch the crowd surfers who were being thrown to the front of the crowd. The kids would be uprighted and just Return to Start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home