One Little Monkey

Thursday, November 03, 2005

At 3 I Started Hebrew School, At 10 I Learned the Trade...

(I hear they've picked a bride for me. I hope - she's pretty.)

I forgot to regale you with my tales of Monday evening.

My family has this Halloween tradition. It has been occurring since the days of yore, when my brother and I would Trick-or-Treat in my grandma's neighborhood. Every year, we'd go seek out some candy around 6:30pm when the Neighbor Girl came over. For dinner, we'd eat goulash.

Every year.

Once we stopped treating at my grandma's, my mom would still make goulash. And any year I was unable to go back to my parents' house on Halloween, I'd make my own goulash.

Another tradition I have is watching One of the Halloween Movies. Any of them (except the third one), picked at random. When I was nine, my friend Cyndi and I first watched Halloween in her basement on her Beta. Her older brother scared us by throwing socks and earmuffs at us so we were unable to finish watching the movie until 4 years later. So watching a Halloween became something we do, even if we can't watch together and just watch the same one 200 miles apart.

Monday, I invited my friends over to celebrate these traditions with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home