One Little Monkey

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rock the Vote

(That title is a little hypocritical because I didn't exactly vote this year. I DID request an absentee ballot but when it arrived I decided I wasn't going to spend $0.67 on postage to vote for the one position on library board, or whatever it was. I thought about sticking my ballot in a blue mailbox, just to see where it ended up being delivered. Would they return it to my absentee address or just send it on to the court house? Either way, someone was delivering it to somewhere in Michigan.)

Anyway, the other day a campaign ad came on TV telling me to vote no on issue 3. I'm not quite sure what the issues are because I vote out of state, but they tried to sell me on this by stating, and I quote, "The devil is in the details!"

Of course I cracked up. I laughed so loud that I bet the neighbors heard (we have thin walls, I'm sure they can hear me yelling at my cat all the time).

Who approved this ad? I guess it tells you where this country is and the total lack of respect for the separation of church and state. To talk about the devil in an ad not only aimed at voters but regarding some sort of political issue is pretty much saying they just don't care.

2 Comments:

  • I knew I wasn't eligible to vote in Ohio but I forgot people voted in Michigan too.

    By Blogger srah, at 7:25 PM  

  • You didn't miss anything.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home