One Little Monkey

Friday, November 04, 2005

Amore and Los Chicherones

Last night I saw Apollo's Fire, a musical ensemble that played Baroque Italian and Spanish songs. There were harpsicords, Spanish guitars, violins, castanets, lutes (one), elephants, bears and piccolos. No, no bears. No elephants either. Oh, and no piccolo. I just threw that in.

My favorite was the dancing man. He played the guitar but would occasionally put it down, walk up front and start doing Spanish dances, stomping around and kicking up his heels. He was cool. (He reminded me of my uncle somehow. I don't have a dancing uncle. At least that I know of. I think it was the hair and the walk.) It made me smile. It made me want some Spanish music in my house.

Anyone know a good Spanish music cd?

3 Comments:

  • Spanish from Spain or Spanish language? I think the Gipsy Kings are from Spain.

    By Blogger srah, at 5:56 PM  

  • Never mind, they're from southern France. But don't they sing in Spanish? I don't know.

    By Blogger srah, at 5:57 PM  

  • Spanish from Spain - I don't need singers, just music.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home