One Little Monkey

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rise and Shine

It usually takes me a little bit of effort to get out of bed. Yesterday morning, however, was an exception.

My alarm went off and the radio came on at 7am. It's set on a Cleveland pop/hip-hop station because the morning show was once enjoyable (it has, within the last several months, become asinine). When the alarm went off, Usher's "Yeah" was playing and it was at Ludacris' part, my favorite. And all of a sudden, I'm still lying in bed but I'm dancing. My arms are flailing and I'm moving as much as I can without actually getting up. It wasn't until I was in the shower that I even realized I had been dancing. The best I can explain, it was like those dancing flowers from the early 90s that would just start moving whenever there was noise. They don't know what they're doing. They've been engineered that way. I think I'm programmed somehow to start moving when I hear Usher. Like a dancing Coke bottle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home