One Little Monkey

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Gnome

I offered to store anything for my friend that couldn't be shipped to California, which included a gnome (the inspiration for this week's unfinished sentence). We had devised all kinds of ways for her to just carry him on the plane, but he ended up being heavy. I told her to just tuck him under her arm and he could be her "personal item" but she thought the airlines might consider him a weapon. A gnome as a weapon!

Sadly, while transporting him propped on a wheeling duffle bag, he fell. I was down the last bit of uneven sidewalk and he took a tumble, cracking his little gnome chin on the ground. All that effort to save the gnome (Save the Gnome, sounds like a campaign), and I bruised his crumbly little chin. He now temporarily resides in my living room. I can't put him out in this weather with an injured face! It wouldn't be fair.

2 Comments:

  • So when does he go home?

    By Blogger srah, at 10:12 AM  

  • Does he look like the gnome from travelocity. "Don't be silly! (ZAAAAAP) AHHHHHH! (Gnome flies across room) Am I going to die?"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home