One Little Monkey

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Words

Words I Like
1. ominous - also used interchangeably with forboding, another favorite
2. opulent - the only GRE word I learned
3. Noggles - a street in Manchester, MI. I'd love to live here

Words I Hate
1. moist - only to be used when speaking of cake while eating the cake
2. giggle - see below
3. panty - you may have noted I've never used this word in any of my posts about underpinnings

I've added #2 just this weekend. It actually springs from the title of that awful book I read Saturday (which should have clued me in). There's something about it that I don't like. I don't mind when people actually do it, but, in my head, it always sounds either 1) ditzy or 2) maniacal. I also hate the name of Grins and Giggles, that baby body wash. I'm also not a big fan of chuckle. That brings to mind people sitting back with their hand resting on their belly. Of all laughter words, I think, chortle is my favorite.

4 Comments:

  • I like "guffaw"!

    By Blogger srah, at 4:17 PM  

  • Okay, giggle? It reminds me of the good old days when I was care free. And by good old days I mean yesterday. And by yesterday I mean yesterday from 1 and a half hours from now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

  • Speaking of laughter, I really hate that Hallmark add where the women are all bustin' up over some shoebox card.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:04 AM  

  • Yes. Greeting cards are never THAT funny.

    By Blogger srah, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home